Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Crazy Jane - Row I finished!

I am definitely slowing down on my progress, but trying to stay determined to keep working on the Crazy Jane blocks.  Row J had a lot of tough blocks, but it is now finished and added to the rest of the center blocks!

Row J has a ton of applique.  Oh Jane, why did you love making those melons so much?  I think I will take a day and just prep all of them at once, then I can grab a bag and sit down for a bit of applique in the evenings.

When I'm not working on this, that is:

Yes, I've managed to find another person with a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that needs to be finished!  This one is in reproduction fabrics.  It's queen size and they want each hexagon to be quilted all the way around.  Yikes, I think it's going to take longer than I thought it would.  Last night I found that my thimble had a hole in it and snapped the eye off a needle!  Had to go through my drawers to find a better thimble to use.  I think this is the third one I've worn through now.   

I also have some shirts to finish putting together - I have to put the sleeves on, hem the bottoms and bind the neckline.  They are cute, so I will definitely try to remember to take a picture.

I was trying to take some new quilt pictures yesterday afternoon, but my handsome helper showed up and distracted me - 

He looks really nice on that bright quilt!

Guess I'd better get busy, plenty to keep me busy for a day or two.  Have a happy day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see someone sharing a Dear Jane. I am working on a blue one as well...

Barb Neiwert said...

Yay, you're finished! What a lovely quilt. And what a LOT of work. Heirloom worthy :)