Monday, January 15, 2018

Home Again, Home Again

It's good to be back home after a fun weekend with family!  We had a blast celebrating our oldest grand daughter's Seventh Birthday!

They had a bowling party for her, and it was very obvious that I haven't been in a long time because my score was not very awesome.  But it was such a fun time, and it was so great to watch all the little girls giggling and having such a good time.  It brought back so many memories of raising my 5 little girls and having parties!  

7 years old!  

On the way back we stopped for a bit to enjoy the beautiful day.  Hubby was disappointed not to be able to catch a couple of races, but it was such a lovely day that it was nice to get out of the car a bit and enjoy the day.

I added row F to my Dear Jane quilt last week!  Notice that I ended up with two blocks the same color, right next to each other.  Sigh.  I'm not going to worry about it for now.  If I feel like resewing one of those at some point I will.  Row G is next, and I have enough blocks to keep me busy for the rest of the month.

I want to get this top quilted this week -

I found a great vintage top in my closet that's just the right size for the back!  I love how this came out and would love to finish another top before the end of this month.  I have a good list of projects that I need to work on, so we'll have to see about that, though.  I have another snowman quilt to tackle as well as three different memory quilts.  Nothing has a certain deadline, though, so I can just pace myself.

It's great to be feeling more energetic and excited to be sewing again!

Hope you are ready for a great week, too!  Today's posts for the Four Seasons Blog hop are terrific, so don't miss out on them - the Elementz line is very pretty!


1 comment:

LJ said...

Congrats on the progress you're making with the Dear Jane quilt. I can't wait to see 'the end'.