Monday, September 18, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Cool Curves

It's hard to pick just two quilts to enter for the Bloggers Quilt festival, but I knew that this was one that I really wanted to share.  I call it Cool Curves.  I made this as an Island Batik Ambassador challenge, so the fabrics are all Island Batik, and I used a big variety of colors and weights of Aurifil thread in it as well.


I love this photo because you can see the luscious quilting in it!  Each color band is quilted in a different quilting design.  This really stretched me to think of new ways to fill in the different sections.

I used the Quick Curve ruler for the piecing and fell in love with how easy it is!

The only thread I had any difficulty with was the 12 weight.  That didn't work so well for free motion, so I used my walking foot and did echo quilting with it.  I also used it for quilting the outer border.  I found that the 28 wt thread is awesome - shows up nicely and stitches well.  I think one of my favorite quilting patterns is the wishbone in the pale yellow - easy and moves quickly once you get the motion down!

This quilt ended up as a keeper, it looks lovely in my guest room with light purple walls!

Make sure you head over to the Bloggers Quilt Festival, link up with a quilt or two of your own, and look at all the other wonderful quilts as well!

10 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is SO pretty! I love that each wave is quilted with a different motif.

Cocoa Quilts said...

I enjoyed the waves and the individual quilting in each wave.

Karen S said...

Your quilt is delightful. Love seeing all the different quilting used.

Slice of Pi said...

I love that you quilted each row differently! A fabulous quilt indeed!

straythreads said...

Such peaceful colors and what fun to quilt each row different beautiful

PaintedThread said...

Very pretty. I love the colors and how you quilted it.

audrey said...

Beautiful colors!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Stunning quilt!! Wonderful quilting!! You must have spent a lot of time working on it.

Preeti said...

Beautiful quilt enhanced further by your exquisite quilting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you had TONS of fun with the quilting!!!