Friday, January 06, 2017

Take a Quilting Class

If you quilt, you should take a class once in a while.  That's what I did today, and I feel energized and excited about all the things I learned in the process!  Our teacher was Karla Alexander (Saginaw Street Quilts)  and she was so kind, gracious and knowledgeable.  She shared a ton of great tips and ideas.  The quilt I worked on was Savanna.  It is made using the Curves for Squares ruler that I am going to put to good use on some more projects - in fact I am going to make my Project Quilting entry tomorrow with it.

I finished most of my blocks today and have them up on my design board right now, they are so pretty!
It was such fun to spend a day sewing, chatting and being with fellow quilters.  I definitely need to make sure I take time to do more things like this, it was a wonderful use of my time.  If you get a chance to take a class with Karla, I definitely recommend her as a teacher!

Linking up for Finished or Not Friday on Busy Hands Quilts - don't know when this one will actually get finished, but I hope soon!


Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

5 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I agree, taking classes is wonderful. I don't think I've ever had a class that I didn't learn something. Always worth it.

QuiltShopGal said...

I also recommend taking classes. Great way to learn new techniques and get inspired. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. Total #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Lovely blocks. I learned to quilt by taking classes at a local quilt shop and after almost 15 years I still go there, we not get tuition any more unless we ask for it but it's great getting together to sew.

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I would love to take more classes. Looks like the one you took was well worth it.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Your curvy blocks are looking great!