Monday, October 05, 2015

Sea of Quilts 2015

The third weekend of September is my guild (Coos Sand 'N Sea Quilters) quilt show.  This year I entered four quilts and received a blue ribbon and a red ribbon!  The blue ribbon was for my Blue and White Stars Quilt in the Large Quilt, Professionally quilted category.  You can read about this quilt here.

I was really thrilled to win a ribbon on this because I put a lot of time and effort into quilting this one.  The ribbon was lovely, a handmade flower with ribbon streamers.



The red ribbon was for the Pink Heart quilt I hand quilted.  I don't think I have blogged about this one yet, so I will have to make sure I do that!


This was was in the Group Quilt - hand quilted category.

I thought that the categories were a litle baffling this year.  I didn't really consider this quilt to be a group quilt just because I didn't do the embroidered blocks, but I suppose that one could classify it that way.  At any rate, I was pleased by the ribbons, and by the goodie bag I received.  The best part of it was the Aurifil Thread pack I received - four big spools of neutrals!  I will definitely put that to good use!

Good news for the day is that I think I have conquered those crazy valances.  I plan to press them and make sure all the stray threads are clipped and deliver them tomorrow.  Hurrah!  And another project has had the fabric approved, so I can start getting that one out of the way.  I'm excited to be moving forward on these so that I can get to more quilting - there has definitely been too little of that lately!
I can't wait to show you some of the quilt plans that I have in the works :)



No comments: