Sunday, November 09, 2014

Using the Freehand Brush tool in EQ7

One of the benefits of doing the Quilt Design a Day challenge is that I have been learning to use more of the tools available in EQ7
For this quilt I created a one patch quilt using diamonds.  

After you get your basic quilt layout set up and you are ready to add your colors, choose the paintbrush tool.  At the top of the screen you will see several options you can use with it - click the freehand tool - I have a red arrow pointing to it.  Click and drag your curser around the screen however you want:
When you release, all the patches that are touched by the line will fill with color.  I used a contrast so you could see how it works.
Isn't this a neat tool?  I used it for this design as well:  
I also used the oval and rectangle tools with this.  See the P and Q?  I have been having a lot of fun playing with these designs.  I hope this inpires you to try something new. 

No comments: