Friday, November 21, 2014

Some more QDAD designs

Even though I haven't been able to do much quilting this past couple of weeks, I have been keeping up with the Quilt Design group on facebook.  It has been so much fun (and good practice!) to just do one quick quilt design a day.  Some of my favorites this week:
 A feathered star.  Medallion quilts are very fun.  This one might get more borders eventually
 Wheels.  This would be a fun block to try making.  Yes, I like a challenge...

I really like the way these two blocks play together.  This would definitely be worth playing with!

This last one is interesting.  I made it using the baby blocks quilt layout and reducing it to one block.  Then I played with the measurements until I got a shape I liked.  I think it is unique and interesting.

All my designs have been done in EQ7.  I am very much enjoying challenging myself and learning more about what I can do!  It's been a fun relief from the stress of making a difficult set of curtains.  I will be so glad when I cross this project off my list, it's an odd fabric and I'm having the worst time getting the hem to hang straight.  I am going to leave it alone for the weekend and hope to finish up on Monday.  Then maybe some quilting?  Please!

No comments: