Friday, August 01, 2014

New Hand Quilting Project

I had a nicely productive week - it feels good to have gotten so many things accomplished!  I hope I can keep it up for the next couple of weeks...it's usually pretty hard for me to stay on task for an extended period of time.  I started hand quilting the hexagon quilt I basted on Wednesday.  I definitely need to keep up work on this because it has a definite due date, so no slacking off!  I need to finish one flower every other day - a pretty do-able amount of stitching in an evening.



I finished up a few small projects that I've been shuffling around the sewing room for a while now.  Do you have those piles?  I didn't want to put them away in a drawer because I knew they would never get done, but wasn't really inspired to finish them up, so they would travel from the top of one surface to another.  Today they got finished!  Don't have any pictures to show you, so I'll have to remember to do that later.

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off to have some fun with the college girl - she has missed seeing her mom and dad, so we are going to go up and spend a day with her.  She'll be super busy once she starts cheer, so we need to take advantage and treat her to a nice day.  It should be fun!  Hope your weekend is fun as well, make sure to spend some time with people you love!

No comments: